Saturday 20 October 2012

Weed Wars

Well it's a lazy Saturday, nothing much happening around the place. I  have decided that today is my "I am going to blitz the garden " day. I am going to win the war against those pesky weeds. It is going to be a total WEEDICIDE. First I get the dinner going, a lovely slow cooker meal called Dumaloo. Oohh, I am getting dizzy with efficiency.
I then go and find Baxter and tell him that we are going to destroy the weeds today.

The little bugger actually laughed. Not to be deterred, I gathered my bucket and spade and proceeded to the back door. Who should I see? The female half of those pesky blackbirds looking for a weak spot in my vegie patch defences.

I smirk, my defences are stronger than Fort Knox. Anyway, onwards I say and head out to the first fruit tree to weed around. I only weeded a few weeks ago so there shouldn't be much to do. Oh dear, slight miscalculation.

HAHAHAAAA I told her so..........




3 comments:

  1. Lol!
    Dumaloo - that sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumaloo is a meat-free curry, a spiced new potato and spinach curry that you can serve with a lentil dhal and plain rice or naan bread. We just serve it with rice.

      Delete
  2. We call that curry sag aloo. Gorgeous, whatever the name! Hope those weeds aren't winning - fab final pic! xxxx

    ReplyDelete